AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader incommand 1200 in combine??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Expensive Hobby
Posted 9/9/2024 08:04 (#10883494 - in reply to #10880661)
Subject: RE: Agleader incommand 1200 in combine??

NW Missouri
If you are not running ag leader sensors, you won't be able to use the harvest app on the 1200. Use the guidance app instead and it should work fine.

My 2388 had a pro 600 in it when I bought it for yield & moisture monitoring. A few years later I bought a 1200 and steady steer for planting, so I moved that over to the combine for fall. Fed both the 1200 and the pro 600 from the same agleader globe, but had to use the guidance app in the 1200 as I never spent the money to change out the sensors (was planning to upgrade combines in a year or two). Ag leader guy said the harvest app wouldn't work if it couldn't read the yield and moisture sensors. He checked with someone above him to see if there was a workaround and there wasn't.

You can't set the head to be in front of the steering in the guidance app, but that didn't end up being that big of a deal. We even tried setting it as a swather, but that didn't work either for some reason (I forget why now). Honestly though, it steered fine 99% of the time. Only on sharp corners could you tell something wasn't quite right with it.

I upgraded combines for this year and this one has integrated guidance on a pro 700 - I haven't ran it yet, but from the videos I have watched, I'm not sure I'll like it as well as the 1200.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)