AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will ag leader talk to trimble
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/11/2024 05:55 (#10885971 - in reply to #10885588)
Subject: RE: Will ag leader talk to trimble

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
You ask "will Ag Leader talk to Trimble". In some GPS situations, yes but in your context of reusing Trimble modules on your planter with an Ag Leader, the simple answer is no.

I agree with the other posts that the simple answer is, you would need Ag Leader Modules to work with the Ag Leader displays. The Trimble modules and wiring would be removed and replaced with the Ag Leader equivalents.

To do what you suggest could involve several Ag Leader modules typically mounted on the planter. One would be a Clutch Control Module for section control (shutting off rows or sections), another would be the Hydraulic Seed Drive Control module (control the hydraulic drives), a third would a Seed Tube Monitoring Module (STTM-for monitoring the Dickey John seed sensors). There would need to be an Ag Leader display in the tractor with either an Auxiliary Input Module and dumb switch box or the SC110 CAN switch box. Various wiring harnesses tie this all together.

Generally this would involve changing the wiring harnesses also although someone with a through understanding should be able to reuse the cabling in some areas.

You may be able to pick up such items on the used market from someone like the above poster who is switching to a different Ag Leader arrangement. The problem with the used equipment is knowing which items are specific to a particular planter. This can be confusing for those without a lot of experience and the wide range of planter widths and configurations.

Edited by tedbear 9/11/2024 12:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)