AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Creating boundaries with tractor or ranger.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

shulerfarm
Posted 9/12/2024 18:37 (#10888261 - in reply to #10887635)
Subject: RE: Creating boundaries with tractor or ranger.

Holly Hill, SC
Actually I have not tried the auto create boundary in the software lately. In Apex years ago the software did a poor job at corners that maybe did not get fully planted to the point (expected) or even a straight edge it would create 15 points instead of 2. The easiest and best was with Apex (now obsolete). Pull up 2024 planting data for field, create new boundary, click points around the "painted" data while zooming in and out as necessary to follow the curves until complete. This way you can use judgement call on corners or straight lines at power poles. A perfect square field could be just 4 points. (I have none of these) Name boundary and press save. Operation center will not allow map data while in boundary edit. (JD please fix). I now use SMS Basic to edit my boundaries and it is easy to export the new boundary to a card and import to the AG Leader 1200 monitor. Going from SMS to Operation Center or a card that will go in a JD display is a little more difficult. I do not do it often enough to explain or be proficient in it. If you want actuate boundaries you have to learn the computer software. Fields change sometimes due to new hunting road on edge, field larger because the timber was cut, etc... Adjust them on the computer and then create new data cards for all you monitors.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)