AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Interesting thing my son told me about fire trucks .
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

AP4
Posted 9/16/2024 18:24 (#10892920 - in reply to #10892766)
Subject: RE: Interesting thing my son told me about fire trucks .

Reno Co KS
Both def and dpf on all of them if they are new enough. So any 2011 or newer ish. And we spend 10s of thousands of dollars to keep all that emissions equipment working

I do agree about the lights being way to bright at night. Especially in a rural setting.

How about this though? Smoke coverd highway, your the 1st on scene trying to see what is on fire, what's threatened, any civilians that may need care, etc? Are your lights bright enough to cut smoke? Do you let the fire grow and skip checking the area for victims to try and slow traffic? Only one unit so what direction would you control? What if the smoke is from a car fire with ppl trapped?

Because people will not slow down going through smoke. I know a firefighter that lost his legs due to ppl just blowing through the smoke. I want the brightest lights we can buy.

There are times when those bright lights are needed and times they are not. Clear night on a car wreck probably don't need. Smoke coverd highway in the afternoon? Probably justified.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)