AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Disconnect switches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 9/18/2024 17:55 (#10895378 - in reply to #10895336)
Subject: RE: Disconnect switches

Faunsdale, AL
Sometimes there are several separate feeds of power from batteries to the loads. Some go through the ignition switch and some don’t …..for example the common/normal setup where the high amperage load of the starter motor is switched by the starter solenoid and everything else is switched by the ignition switch. It’s relatively common for the cab to have its own feeder, computers may have their own, monitors and guidance may have their own.

Those situations may make it simpler to switch the ground if you want to kill everything. Or it may be the other way around that there are multiple grounds directly to the battery as well.

I ran into similar difficulties when I wanted to install a disconnect on my 9170 CaseIH. Can’t remember exactly but I think I had multiple separate grounds all attached directly to the battery negative post of the top battery that I simply put on one terminal on a two post disconnect and then ran a short cable from battery to the other terminal. Simple enough really, but I can see how someone might want to or have a situation where several feeders needed to both be disconnected from the battery and be disconnected from each other.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)