AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Truck wont build air
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rob D
Posted 9/18/2024 20:45 (#10895591)
Subject: Truck wont build air

s.c. north dakota
hey guys, Ive got a 95 Freightliner Fld 120 that is currently on end dump duty hauling silage. I havent been around it much lately but the other day when I went to use it I could hear it bypassing air thru the park brake valve. The guy running it said oh yeah, it wont build air unless you hold the red knob in. It has got now to the point where it wont get past 20lbs. It exhaustd aire out of the exhaust port on the park brake valve. And it also has some going out the red line. even with the red knob out. I figured it had to be the valve in the dash so got a new one and put that in today. (Not a job for a old fat guy on a humid day) Got it in and all hooked up and it does exactly the same thing. Brake pedel seems to work, Johnny bar isnt down, I thought it could be a bad brake chamber on the axle with park brakes so I unhooked the lines and capped the hoses and it still wont build air. I unhooked the line off the air compressor and hooked it up to shop air so i could hear better and eliminate the compressor as a problem. Any advice on how to trouble shoot this thing?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)