AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which Tractor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WCWI
Posted 9/18/2024 21:39 (#10895679 - in reply to #10895627)
Subject: RE: Which Tractor?

Oliver 550's were/are very sought after, drove John Lien's one time at a plow day just after we were married and supposed to be going to a family function, He insisted, would not take no for an answer even if my wife expected me home, so I drove it for a round, he died not too long after of cancer,(IDK) was a one of the good old small store Oliver/White dealers, was from Hixton WI. I may be biased but I would go Oliver of keep looking for Ford without the Seleto-Speed, or a Massey of some sort, but stay away from the Continentals, gas were a good engine but very hard to get parts for . What is the limit of your budget? Some of the sub compacts like a 1700 or 1900 Ford were decent little tractors from what I have been told, have not got much first experience with them but would be 2x3 times what your Power King is. Or if you have time you could redesign a Allis B like my brother did, but would not recommend that as it took a lot of time and effort,but it is basically a heavyweight Power King see link below.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPmhu11vuWuQQry4yiFTqpY7oY1kmRx...
key=RlhrWHNhV1JEbzBZTnJtNjR4ZGJnalMtY3Y3MGFR

additional thoughts, Get something with a real 3 point for what you are doing not a Allis with snap coupler, as mentioned below a small tractor with a narrow front might work out well for what you are doing also, very hard to beet in small tight spaces. for maneuverability.

Edited by WCWI 9/19/2024 09:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)