AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which Tractor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 9/19/2024 06:02 (#10895843 - in reply to #10895475)
Subject: RE: Oliver

southern MN
But of course, 1000 reasons to change my mind depending on condition of the machines and your needs.

Oliver was very popular here back in the day, and that was a nice little unit. They are still well thought of. No oddball designs. Of your 4 it is the most compatible standard can use all the regular 3pt and hydraulic implements out there, has pretty good parts support for its age.

I’d pick the Ford first until you mentioned SoS. Was actually a good design but it has 3 times the parts and anything that many decades old for sale probably needs repair. They are so unpopular and complicated to repair that many parts are getting hard to find for that SoS tran. That tractor with a standard transmission would be top notch tho.

AC is probably good, but is that the oddball high pressure system they used for a few years, they don’t play well with regular hydraulic cylinders. And I don’t think a regular 3pt? Kind of when AC got less popular around here, when they went away from the standard hyd setup and weren’t comparable with others any more.

David Brown. No. Just no.

Paul

Edited by paul the original 9/19/2024 06:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)